Thursday 10 March 2011

WHAT TO WEAR, THE COMPANY DINNER II

It worked!! I guessed it would, but color-me-happy, I was really smooth out there. Maybe I should give Genevieve Nnaji a run for her money. Hehe.
By the way, to be fine girl get serious advantages O! HRM offered to have one of the company drivers take me home and seeing as how I came with the staff bus this morning, I jumped at the offer. Before nko? I be mugu? No dulling for here o!!

I'm wasting time. I need to get my butt moving. Before one bad belle person decides to keep me here any longer than I want to stay. I can only fake a migraine for so long, I don't want to risk early wrinkles, you know? My face has been squeezed for ten minutes already. Note to self: appointment with Elizabeth Arden once I get home

All packed and ready to go, time to school my face into my migraine mask of pain again. I hope the driver is downstairs o! I don't want to go looking for him. Time is of essence to me.
Meanwhile, I think I should plan my schedule now. Where would be my first port of call? Hmmmnn... Difficult one there. If I go to the spa first, I'll long for a massage when I'm done shopping. Shopping is a full time job, after all (You should seriously consider paying me to do it for you).
Okay, I can't go to the salon today because my hair must look as fresh as possible, so hair... Friday. I'm left with err... Shopping!!! I really can never go wrong with that. So it is decided then. Shopping it is.

Next consideration, what kind of dress am I looking for? It's important to decide on that now. It would not do at all to go into the shops and not have an idea what I want. Imagine me going in to the shops and saying "I need a dress. Type? Errr... I have no idea precisely what type. Oh color... Um... I don't know either". I would then personify what everyone calls a "dumb blonde" even though my hair is as dark as the night with no stars. So, you see why I say it's important that I have an idea what I want?
Hmmnn... It's an office party so it would not do to go in an ultra mini dress because I'll just look like I am crying out for attention (even though I know I will be HOT!). They will just think me a tramp.
Fashion Rule Number Six:
Always know what to wear to suit your environment.

I have become a broken record. Okay, what will I wear? I think I should go for something that would show off my legs... I've got just the thing! How could I have forgotten the pair of adorably sinful green satin Miu Miu shoe boots that I bought three months ago! It had been begging my attention so much that I had to put it back into its box reserving it for that special occasion which seems to be here!! Oh my... Just the Va- va Voom I need! I'm getting really excited now.

This has certainly made my job easier for me. Now I do not have to try on several pairs of shoes. Pity... Though my mastercard will thank me for it. Duh!!
Anyway, let me see... With the shoes, I will need a pashmina to complement my look. I will need the double coloured one. With my shoes, oh my beautiful, beautiful shoes, I can wear a simple dress. So I'm shopping for a pashmina and my dress.
You do know that bright colours are key in every stylish wardrobe, right? My green shoes will add that touch of daring glamour that I seek.
I need to... "Where in the world is this driver sef?? I've been standing here for 10minutes!". I need to get home now. I need to get out of these clothes before I go shopping.
There are certain rules attached to shopping. I read them somewhere and I heard myself chanting "Amen sister, preach it!" like a black American movie star. Kai!! Let me share the rules with you as I remember them (See how caring I can be? Lol)

RULE 1: it's important to look good when you shop, because if you don't, you end up buying anything out of desperation to change how bad you look, and that's when you make mistakes.
RULE 2: Wear heels when shopping for a dress. Avoid complicated belts and hose if you will be doing a lot of trying- on. Also, wear good make-up and foundation, so that the horror lighting in changing rooms do not make you feel suicidal.
See what I mean when I applaud her? Where did I read her opinions from again? I need to go back to that book, but most importantly, I need to get home and I just might strangle this driver before I get there if he says "sorry ma" one more time. Once is enough, he has said it a million times already, and counting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which one is better Miz, Versace or D&G?

Miz said...

Well, that is a rather tough one to answer Chinyelu. I rock the both of them!!! I think they are great designers.