Monday 15 August 2011

Down the Aisle...

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2817687/if-the-shoe-fits-you-can-call-me-cinde?claim=2dvp69dmecq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

I got a marriage proposal yesterday from the most unlikely sources!!! Seriously. I am still mega freaked out. Well, maybe not too freaked out but gosh... that was the weirdest experience ever. *Mental shake-down* Grrrrr...!!!!

This was not one of those experiences that have me laughing, mba. I am close to tears actually. I cannot even concentrate on work today, my mind keeps shifting to the marriage proposal I got yesterday.

I was jejely in my apartment watching Vampire Diaries and drooling over Damon, when I heard the doorbell ring. Curious to see who it was because the security men usually call me to alert me of guests, I padded barefoot to the door and saw this dude standing in a uniform through the peep-hole. Recognizing him, I opened my door.

"Albert, what's up? Is everything alright?" I asked
"Errmm, yes. I actually wanted to speak with you about something very important. May I come in please, Miz?" he replied

I gestured for him to come inside and sit down.

"Please, can you go and wear something different? Don't be offended oh. I just cannot concentrate to tell you what I want with you in these clothes." he said just as I was about to sit down and hear his reason for being in my apartment.

Shuo!!!! I surprise no be small oh!! You come my house dey order wetin I go wear. Anyway, really curious at this time, I went in to change from my bum shorts to a maxi dress.

"E-hen, oya talk Albert. What's up? Person die?" I queried as soon as I returned to the living room
"No oh. Ha-ha. God forbid. Nobody will die in Jesus name, haaa!!!" I just had to roll my eyes at this point. Would he get to the point already or get out and allow me continue my Damon love.

"Actually, I have been having a particular dream for the past one week. I have fought and fought. I have even prayed and prayed, but it seems I had no option but to conquer my shyness and come to meet you today. You know, sometimes somethings come to us through dreams. God reveals supernatural things to us, and I am what my people would call a 'wuli' in my church. I do not know if you understand yoruba but that means 'seer'. I see things through dreams and they always come true. You have to believe and ..."

"Dude, you need to speak up. I have stuff to do. Stop dancing around. Did they tell you I am going to grow horns in your dream? abi they just sent you to come and grate on my nerves." I interrupted him mid- speech because I see the dude gearing up for an hour long sermon

"Sorry" To my great surprise, this dude went down on one knee and fished this plastic case containing an emel ring out of his pocket.



"You were revealed to me as my wife. I have prayed and prayed about it and God has told me you are my missing rib. The mother of my 6 children. The woman that will comfort me in my old age. Please Miz, consider the courage it took me to come up here and talk to you. Consider God before you reject me. I can see you are about to. Please."



Eeehhhnnn... I was about to race out of there. That was just a tad too eerie, like WTH!!! My security man just proposed to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not even move to save my life. I was shell- shocked, I swear down. I just sat there like a truck just ran over me.



After about 10 minutes of my mouth hanging open and my eyes bulging out of their sockets, I just had to do something before the guy would probably take my silence for consent and slip the ring onto my finger. That thought had me standing up like the fires of hell had taken over my seat.

"Errmm, Albert. Thank you very much for your courage, but you should have saved it for your real wife. Trust me, if God reveals the same thing to me no wahala. But God has revealed to me that my husband will be richer than me when I meet him and better than me over- all. Am I going to be feeding you and clothing you? I already pay your salary. No offense meant oh, I mean I truly appreciate your courage. You are very bold, and your ring is quite cute too (it was tacky actually), but sorry, NO has to do. Thank you for coming ehn..." I quickly ushered him to the door and ran to call Seke who promptly burst into laughter. Ol' boy, see me see wahala oh!! Who did I offend na? Cheiii...!!!

On a brighter note biko, I know talented people who make beautiful things you would not want to miss. Check these out...



These anklets were made by Valentina of V14 ventures. Are they not simply sexy? For all your beaded accessories, holla at her on v14ventures@yahoo.com, or you follow her on twitter through www.twitter.com/valuvme.
On second thoughts, there is a fund raiser coming up as a pre- event for the SGC 2011 for sickle cell event. Her accessories will be part of the items for sale too, so be on the alert as I will post more details here and on twitter. Have to go now darlings. Hugs and Hershey kisses.

MIZ

10 comments:

NaijaScorpio said...

Is this for real? Wow!

MIZ said...

I am still freaked out. LOL

Banky W said...

This was hilaaaaaaaaaaaaarious. I almost spit out the henny and coke I was sipping on in laughter when I saw the "..God revealed that you are to be the mother of my 6 children.."
Hehehehhee chaaaaaaai. Hey, props to him for being a very bold sharp guy to try and wed his madam. I seem to recall one of J.Lo's backup dancers successfully pulling off that stunt for a few months. Question is though, are u prepared for the aftermath... everytime u go and come out of your house, he'll be staring at you with that "ur meant to be my wife" longing in his eyes... heheheh Good luck!

Oh, and I made room for u in the luggage for the Miami trip and everything but u pulled a no show. :-P

~ B.W.

Miz said...

Banky, see me see wahala oh!!! I have suffered sha. 6 children!!! I be machine?!! I was just totally weak, and I just found out he goes to M.F.M. Wahala don land my door. I do not want to be the reason for the dude to lose his job, but if I notice any weird moves, I will not hesitate to call my landlord. hehe

P.S about Miami, I stood for hours on end waiting for you to open your carry-on but you didn't. *sadface*

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I am honored

Lola X said...

Miz, that's hilarious! Not even for the class difference but for the quick 5 minute 'courtship'! If that was how people got married there'd be no single people in the world! Lol!

Miz said...

Hahaha!!! You know this!

Myne said...

I was laughing so much as I read this :). That guy is delusional, I hope you're safe though.

Miz said...

Thanks to Banky, I keep staring hard at this dude to be sure he isn't looking at me funny or sth. His colleagues must think I have gone off the crazy handle. Ha-ha. Other than that I am relatively safe. Thanks Myne!!!

rethots said...

Hahaha haha ha, 'mother of 6'.

Oops, he goes to M.F.M? Hmmm, prayer galore.....

Miz said...

hahaha!!! His prayers haven't worked but I hear he has been re-assigned by his company. Good for me!!